Sunday, August 8, 2010

Workshop Feed back-from recent survey

Recent survey results from workshop students:

-I have taken both the standup and improv classes. Enjoyed them both and still reaping the benefits!

-Awesome, totally awesome

Why did you take the workshop?


-It helps with fear of public speaking. It also has helped with being able to think more quickly on my feet.

-I saw Brooklin on stage

-To learn improvisation, to learn how to be funny.
What can you say about the workshop?

Any comments about the workshop?

-improv has made me a better teacher

-I still enjoy writing material. I haven't done any shows recently, but plan on getting back into the swing of things soon.

-helped by getting me on a stage. Now back to planet earth. Haven’t done anything professional with it, but signed for more extra work, small parts, and comfortable doing it.

-Gave me more confidence

-I am better prepared to get up in front of larger business groups. My subject matter (computers) can be quite boring at times. My presentations have a little more pop in them since I am now able to add a joke or two that I know will work without question.

-Class was fun and helped me gain more confidence. I am surprised how many people tell me I should do stand-up!

-The workshop refreshed my Improv skills and gave me a better foundation in Improv and comedy.I have moved to Hollywood and am doing standup and writing a 2 woman show. I used my improv skills in a video I produced "Galwa Spa" I used other Brooklin Green actors as well. Thanx Brooklin you are awesome

-I took the Standup Comedy workshop in February 2010. I am still doing open mics every week, and I was a finalist in a standup comedy competition in Myrtle Beach. Brooklin's instruction is memorable and applicable. She was very professional and constructively critical.

-I gained new skills and confidence doing improvisational work. I learned so much about the process from Brooklin. She is a great teacher of improv and comedy. I enjoyed the interaction and improvisation with the other students. I intended to continue the work, but previous commitments and illness got in the way. Hope to resume in the fall.

-It increased my ability to speak up and to think on my feet.

-I now appreciation of how hard real improv is.

-Program helped me become comfortable w/writing my own material, standing up in front of people to perform. Feedback from instructor and classmates was extremely valuable. As a result I have been doing stand up for about 2 years(just for fun).And I participated in a local amateur open mic in SC where I advanced to the finals!

-It aided in confidence

-I got two parts in two different independent films.

-More success as a teacher and as a performing musician

-I perform standup comedy at open mikes regularly. It gave me confidence to get on stage. Was a great resource to workshop material?

-It was lots of fun so it was something to look forward to every week. I have incorporated some of the things I've learned into my speaking presentations and am more aware of small things that can make a difference in the effectiveness of my presentations.

-I had a great time. I learned a lot. I would like to do it again. Just need to fit into schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment